Prospective students willing to enroll in Ouagadougou medical universities should ask themselves several questions, such as do you want to attend an online medical school or a traditional medical university?
Which Ouagadougou Medical Universities
This decision may well be based upon your personal circumstances : maybe you need to work part-time or full time or are raising a family while you attend medical school in Ouagadougou but whatever your situation, the most important decision you will make is deciding where to go to school for the next 2 to 5 years of your life.
How to Choose among Medical Universities in Ouagadougou
Here are some of the questions you should be asking yourself as you go through the process of selecting which medical schools, medical colleges or medical universities to attend in Ouagadougou :
– Does the medical school offer the undergraduate or graduate degree you want? (e.g., AA, BA, MS, MSc, …)
– Is the Ouagadougou public or private medical university tuition affordable? Will you need medical school financial aid?
– Are the school’s graduates successful in landing the types of jobs you would like to land yourself in Ouagadougou? Often the Office of Career Services will have detailed statistics available.
– Is the medical curriculum as broadly or as narrowly focused or as flexible as you would like, with all the majors and minors of your interest?
– Is the medical class schedule flexible enough for you to meet your other commitments in Ouagadougou?
– Do the accommodations (classrooms, media centers, libraries, housing facilities, etc.) meet your needs?
There are many other factors to consider, such as medical school rankings for example. As a matter of fact, some of the best international medical universities belong to the powerful Ivy League which is an association of eight universities and colleges in the northeast United States, comprising Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Harvard, Princeton, the University of Pennsylvania, and Yale.
However, you should make sure the medical universities you will be applying to in Ouagadougou are accredited by local or international organizations.
For instance, all medical schools within the United States must be accredited by one of two organizations:
– the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME), jointly administered by the Association of American Medical Colleges and the American Medical Association, accredits M.D. schools, while
– the Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association accredits osteopathic (D.O.) schools.
There are presently 134 M.D. programs and 26 osteopathic programs in the U.S.