You have several options to choose from when selecting business degrees . You can for instance earn a bachelor’s or master’s degree in fields like: accounting, information systems, business administration, insurance and risk management, finance, international-business, management, marketing…etc.
Which Business Degrees
Undergraduates should expect their education to be centered around general education requirements as well as classes specific to the business major. This could include accounting, business and public policy, entrepreneurial management, management, marketing, legal studies and business ethics, and finance, to name a few.
In business degrees, students develop their understanding of business theory and practices in a range of relevant contexts, through experiential as well as theoretical approaches to learning.
Business studies have natural links to the social sciences learning area. Contexts for business can also be drawn from other learning areas, such as technology.
Like most college degrees, a BA or BS in a business field should take four years. Graduate school is generally an additional two to four years, depending on your program. Some MBA programs are part time for working professionals, and online programs are becoming popular as well. Many of the online programs are self-paced meaning you don’t have to stick to a rigid classroom schedule.
List of Business Degrees
You can earn business degrees at various levels :
– Associate’s degree : AA, AAB, ABA, AS
– Bachelor’s Degrees : BA, BS, BBA, BBus, BComm, BSBA, BAcc, BABA, BBS, BMOS and BBusSc
– Master’s Degrees : MBA, MBM, MM, MAcc, MMR, MSMR, MPA, MISM, MSM, MHA, MSF, MSc, MST, MMS, EMBA and MComm.
– Post Graduate : Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM), Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management (PGDBM), Post Graduate Program (PGP) in Business Management, Post Graduate Program (PGP) in Management
– Doctoral Degrees : Ph.D., DBA, DHA, DM, Doctor of Commerce (DCOM), FPM, PhD in Management or Business Doctorate (Doctor of Philosophy), Doctor of Professional Studies (DPS)